What does Home Emergency Cover include?

Landlord Home Emergency Cover provides protection for costs incurred for any contractor carrying out emergency repairs to your rented property. You and your tenant will have access to a 24/7 emergency helpline. This includes £500.00 of cover for every incident and five claims per policy year.
The Home Emergency Cover will pay for a temporary repair in the event of:
  • Burst pipes or sudden leakage which is likely to cause damage to the policyholder’s property or contents
  • Complete heating or hot water failure
  • Failure of any of the mains supplies of water, gas or electricity
  • Blockage, breaking or flooding of drains or sewers
  • Inoperable toilet where no other toilet is available in the policyholder’s property
  • Failure of or damage to the property’s external locks, doors or windows, affecting the security of the property
  • Failure of the roofing, down-piping or guttering and water and damage being a likely result of such failure
  • Infestation of pests
Full details of what your Home Emergency Cover does and does not include can be found in your policy document. You can view this in Documents.