Applications and referencing
Safety and maintenance
End of tenancy
How do I take photos of my property?
Most landlords opt for professional photography, but you can take your own photos if you like.
When taking your own photos, you should:
- Use a smartphone or camera with a high-quality resolution
- Hold your smartphone sideways so your photos are landscape
- Take photos of every room (the more photos the better)
- Stand in the doorway to take the photo to get the whole room in
- Remember to take outside shots of the property and garden
- Take photos during the day, in natural lighting
- Don't include people (be careful of reflections in the mirror)
- Tidy up and clear away any clutter
- Make the bed and put the toilet seat down!