If you have found a tenant that you would like to move in, the next step is to invite them to apply.
The platform will point you in the right direction, either through Next Steps, Message Centre or from the Viewings section of your dashboard.
- Click the Invite to apply button.
- Select a pre-existing contact, or invite a new contact via entering their email address.
This lets the tenant know that you’d like to rent to them and begins the rental application process.
Tenants apply to rent properties directly from the lettingaproperty.com platform. In their application, the tenant will provide details of all applying tenants. You only need to send an invitation to one member of the tenancy group. For example, if there’s a couple that would love to rent your property, you only need to send an invite to one of them.
The tenant will provide their personal details, including:
- Full name, telephone number, email address
- Gender and date of birth
- Current residential address
- Employment details
- Financial history
They will also need to confirm:
- Their available move-in date
- Whether they need a guarantor
- That they can provide a positive reference from a previous landlord
They will be asked to verify a UK bank account and confirm they want to move into the property by paying a holding deposit of one week’s rent.