Do HMOs require an EPC?

Some Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) do not require an Energy Performance Certificate. If you are letting your property to individual tenants on separate tenancy agreements, for example, on a room-by-room basis, an EPC is not legally required.
An EPC must be issued when a property is being sold or let as a whole property. If the property is an HMO and all tenants are on the same tenancy agreement, an EPC is legally required.