Prescribed information provides details about the tenancy deposit and where it's registered. Tenants must be shown this information before they move in, so they know where their deposit is registered.
All deposits must be registered in a government-approved deposit scheme. If a landlord is on a Basic, Essential or Complete plan, the deposit will be stored with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) or Safe Deposits Scotland.
The prescribed information will be shown at the end of the tenancy agreement and must be signed by both the landlord and tenant(s). The prescribed information shows:
- The deposit scheme name, address and contact details
- The deposit amount
- The rental property address
- The landlord's name, address, email and phone number
- The tenant's name, address, email and phone number
- Tenant's forwarding address
If a landlord is not on a lettingaproperty.com letting plan, they are responsible for the registration of their own tenancy deposit and must provide their tenant with the deposit scheme terms and prescribed information.